When it comes to losing weight, breakfast has always been a struggle for me.
I am NOT a morning person – and I always crave something sweet and carby.
My two all-time favorites?
Donuts & French Toast!
My love for these has forced me to get creative and come up with low-calorie, high protein alternatives.
I already shared my low-calorie high protein donut alternative.
Side note, I also shared my very favorite smoothie recipe also.
& Now finally, this morning I thought of a way to make low-calorie, low-carb, high protein cinnamon French Toast.
& I couldn’t be more excited because it tastes no different than the regular French Toast I make!!
I hate recipe posts that ramble, so I’ll wrap it up and get to what you came here for.
PLEASE NOTE: The recipe is for 6 slices – to share or meal prep.
LOW CALORIE, HIGH PROTEIN FRENCH TOAST
- 6 slices Healthy Life 35 Calorie Honey Wheat Bread
- 2/3 cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 1/5 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 scoop Isopure zero carb unflavored protein ou can use different protein powder, but I suggest unflavored or vanilla. Here is the one I use: https://amzn.to/2RwMyFp
- 1/4 cup Mrs. Butterworths Sugar Free Syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon to taste
- Mix together almond milk, egg white, and protein powder until smooth.
- Dip each bread slice in egg mixture, turning to coat evenly on both sides
- Spinkle Cinnamon on bread to taste
- Cook bread slices on lightly greased nonstick griddle or skillet on medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Drizzle with syrup to taste.