The Ultimate Fat Burning Smoothie Recipe
I know there are thousands of weight loss smoothie recipes out there, but this is different. I feel confident that I have come up with the ULTIMATE best tasting green weight loss smoothie recipe.
Bold statement, I know. But wait until you try it!
Why is this the greatest fat burning smoothie ever created?
- It’s completely balanced with great macro nutrient ratios. I follow IIFYM for my diet, but if you follow Keto, Whole30, or any of the other popular diets, this will be great for you.
- It has multiple fat burning supplements to help you lose weight!
- I’ll show you how to modify it if you want to use it as a pick me up in the morning, or to help you sleep at night!
- It’s packed with micro nutrients
- It tastes DELICIOUS!!!
I usually eyeball the portions sizes on these when making it so feel free to adjust, but the recipe below will make roughly 20oz depending on how much water you add.
(Printable version below)
- 1 cup frozen spinach/kale mix
- Roughly 1/2 to 1 cup frozen mixed fruit. (Any kind you want, I’ve used mixed berry and tropical blends, they all taste great.)
- 1 scoop Isopure Zero Carb Unflavored Protein Powder
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Green Superfood
- 1 Tablespoon MCT Oil (I use the Sports Research brand. You can use code jillianf10 to save 10%. Look for it under supplements in the menu.)
- 1 Teaspoon Glutamine Powder
- 2 Tablespoons L-Carnitine
- 2 Tablespoons Flax Seed
- Shot of Mio Flavor – Can be found in pretty much any grocery store by the waters (I like the Blueberry Lemonade, but you can use any flavor you like.)
- 8oz Water
- BONUS: If you want to use this as a pick me up in the morning, swap out the regular Mio for Mio Energy which has caffeine in it. If you want to use it before bed to help you sleep, add 1-2 teaspoons of raspberry lemonade Natural Calm, which is just a magnesium supplement.
Blend it all together! I use a Nutribullet so I can just pop a cap on it and take it with me, but any blender will work!
Widget not in any sidebars
Everything Serves a Purpose
Everything in this weight loss smoothie recipe serves a purpose – here’s why:
Spinach & Kale – Packed with important vitamins and minerals.
Frozen Fruit – More vitamins & minerals, plus helps it taste good!
Isopure protein – Helps balance our macro nutrients. I chose the Isopure brand because it is a whey protein isolate low in carbs and calories.
Amazing Grass Superfood – One scoop is equal to 2 full servings of fruits and vegetables, so again, packed with vitamins and minerals to support overall health and digestion.
MCT Oil – The list of benefits touted by MCT Oil is impressive to say the least.I go over many of them in my supplements post, but some of them include being proven to help burn fat during exercise, assisting in weight loss, appetite suppression, and supporting brain function. It also adds in a good amount of healthy fats to again balance our macros.
Glutamine – Is an amino acid that is important for metabolizing protein. It boasts burning fat and building muscle.
L-Carnitine – Helps convert dietary fats to energy – aka helps your body burn fat when working out.
Flax Seed – Is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, which are good for heart health. It’s also rich in fiber which helps will digestion.
Water – It’s obvious that good ol H2O is important, but I’m mentioning it here any way to point out the importance and benefit of getting at least half your body weight in fluid ounces of water per day. For example, if you weight 150lbs, generally speaking, you’ll want to get at least 75oz of water per day.
Mio – Just for flavor!
(Morning version) Mio Energy – Flavor + caffeine to give you boost in the morning
(Night time version) Natural Calm Magnesium – This is just a magnesium calcium supplement. Magnesium helps with sleep, reduces stress, and supports bone health.
The version above comes out to be roughly 39g Protein, 22g Carbs, 20g Fat, and 11g of Fiber.
Best Time to Have It
You can have this any time of the day, but I prefer mine in the morning as my breakfast, or at night before bed if I have a late workout!
Widget not in any sidebars